June 26, 1993 (age 20)
Actress, singer, dancer
2003 – present
Brown (Natural color); Red (dyed); Brown (re-dyed)
|Role||Gallery (images · videos)|
Grande was born and raised in Boca Raton, Florida. She is of Italian descent: half Sicilian, half Abruzzese. Her name was inspired by Princess Oriana from Felix the Cat. Grande's parents are Joan Grande and Edward Butera, a graphic designer. She has an older brother, Frankie Grande, who is a performer and producer. He also was one of Grande's backup dancers on her first tour. Grande sang as a soloist in various symphonies, such as South Florida's Philharmonic, Pops and Symphonia Orchestras. She has sang various times in NYC's Birdland and has sang the National Anthem on the first live broadcast of the Florida Panthers hockey league.
2003–10: Beginnings and Broadway
In her early years, she has been a soloist with various symphonies including South Florida's Philharmonic, Pops and Symphonia Orchestras, and has had repeated appearances singing at NYC’s own Birdland. Ariana performed the National Anthem for the first live Fox Sports broadcast of the Anthem for the Florida Panther’s hockey league at age eight, her first National TV performance. In 2008, Grande played the role of Charlotte in the musical 13 on Broadway, for which she won a National Youth Theatre Association Award. When she joined the musical, Grande left her high school, North Broward Preparatory School, but continued to be enrolled. The school sent materials to her so she could study with tutors.
In 2010, she created the original role of Miriam in the reading of the new musical, Cuba Libre, written and produced by Desmond Child.
2010–present: Victorious, and other projects
Grande played the character Cat Valentine on the Nickelodeon television show Victorious, which premiered in March 2010. Grande was also featured in Dream Magazine as the cover girl for the August 2011 issue. In 2011, Ariana voiced an animated fairy, Princess Diaspro, on the Nickelodeon series, Winx Club. Grande also made appearances as a panelist on Figure It Out. Grande starred as Snow White along with Charlene Tilton and Neil Patrick Harris in the Pasadena Playhouse's production of A Snow White Christmas from December 13–23, 2012. In 2012, Grande sang a duet with MIKA on the single version of his track Popular Song.
Sam & Cat
It was announced during the network's presentation at the Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour on August 3, 2012 that Sam & Cat , which would pair Grande from Victorious and Jennette McCurdy from iCarly together in a traditional "buddy sitcom" setting, where they would reprise their roles as Cat Valentine and Sam Puckett. In the following month it was also announced that Victorious's current season (Season 3, which was split to a fourth season) will be the last. Grande tweeted stating that she wasn't hoping for it to end and was looking forward to being on both shows. It was announced the third soundtrack was released on November 6, 2012 titled as "Victorious 3.0. The first single is called "LA Boyz" (which was performed by Grande and Justice) and the music video was released October 18.
Debut studio album
Grande is working on her first studio album, Daydreamin, which is due for release in September 2013. Grande commented on the album saying: "They can expect a lot of honesty. It's like a direct... you know, it's like it used to be pages from my diary, instead of keeping diary, I would write songs about what was happening in my life. So it's really personal. It's a Motown throwback and pop at the same time, so it's '50s and '60s inspiration mixed with today." The album was inspired by artists like Amy Winehouse, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Alicia Keys, Fergie, Katy Perry, Madonna. Grande worked with artists like Sky Blue from LMFAO, 3OH!3, Kool Kojak, and Pebe Sebert on the album. The first single off the album, Put Your Hearts Up, debuted on 2012, along with a music video. The second single, "The Way", which features Mac Miller, was released in April 2013. "Baby I", the third single, is due for release on July 22, 2013.
At the age of 10, Ariana co-founded the youth singing group, Kids Who Care, in South Florida, which performed for charitable fund-raising events, raising over $500,000 for charities in 2007 alone. In the summer of 2009, as a member of the charitable organization, Broadway in South Africa, Grande performed and taught music and dance to children in Gugulethu, South Africa along with her brother Frankie.
Ariana Grande is dating YouTube sensation Jai Brooks from the Janoskians. They started dating in summer 2012 but only met in real life on December 31, 2012 in New York City. They broke up on February 21, 2013. As of March 2013 however, they are back together, and Jai has been seen with her in LA quite a bit recently as shown in her latest Keeks.
|2010–2013||Victorious||Cat Valentine||Main role|
|2011||iCarly||Cat Valentine||Guest star in "iParty with Victorious" (season 4, episodes 11-13)|
|2011||Winx Club||Princess Diaspro||Recurring role, voice only|
|2012||Figure It Out||Herself||Judge panelist|
|2013-Present||Sam & Cat||Cat Valentine||Main role|
|2008||13 The Musical||Charlotte||Original Broadway Cast|
|2012||A Snow White Christmas||Snow White||Stage production at Pasadena Playhouse|
|Year||Song||Recording company||Chart position|
|2011||Give It Up||Sony, Nickelodeon, Columbia||#23 Billboard US Billboard Hot 100 (sharing with Elizabeth Gillies)|
|2011||Put Your Hearts Up||Universal Republic Records||#24 Pop Charts (unknown), #59 iTunes US|
|2011||Honeymoon Avenue||Universal Republic Records|
|2012||Pink Champagne||Universal Republic Records|
|2012||Tattooed Heart||Universal Republic Records|
|2012||Do You Love Me||Universal Republic Records|
|2013||Daydreamin'||Universal Republic Records|
|2012||Voodoo Love||Universal Republic Records|
|2013||Boyfriend Material||Universal Republic Records|
- Her natural hair color is brown, but she dyed her hair red for her role of Cat in Victorious, since Dan Schneider didn't want all cast members to be brunettes. Her hair is also naturally curly.
- She has to make her voice higher to play Cat.
- She has a big brother named Frankie who is also a performer and producer. He went on tour with her as one of her dancers.
- Her fashion icons are Marylin Monroe and Audrey Hepburn.
- Her favorite cereal is Cocoa Puffs or Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
- Ariana is allergic to certain medications although she is not sure she is allergic to shellfish. The women in her family are badly allergic, so she does not take any chances.
- Just like her character, Cat, she has a very girly personality.
- On December 15, she admitted on Twitter that she's allegedly allergic to bananas, shellfish, and some cough medicines.
- Ariana runs the YouTube Channel WeAreStoopKid along with Liz Gillies and Matt Bennett.
- She joined YouTube on January 21, 2007.
- Her most watched YouTube video is her cover of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" with over 35 million views.
- She has a birthmark on her left shoulder/back and a dimple in her left cheek.
- She loves Celine Dion and Imogen Heap.
- She's a huge techno-junkie and uses Garage Band to create remixes of her favorite songs using an Apple computer, a Boss looping station RC50 (meant for guitars, but she plugs her microphone in and use her voice instead), and a home studio, seen in this video.
- She's a fan of the Harry Potter series. Coincidentally, there's a character named Ariana (Ariana Dumbledore) in the books.
- She eats strawberry and watermelon twice a day.
- Her favorite characters in Harry Potter are Luna Lovegood and Draco Malfoy.
- She loves swimming.
- One of her favorite people of all time is Audrey Hepburn.
- She and Liz Gillies both passed their driving test together on June 13, 2012.
- She used to collect stuffed animals, hockey pucks, and Halloween masks.
- Her fan mail address is 265 S. Federal Hwy Suite 331 Deerfield Beach, FL 33441.
- Her favorite colors are periwinkle blue, marshmallow white, sea foam green, and coral/pale pink.
- She was on BrainSurge and wore a pink t-shirt and skinny jeans. She had 130 points, allowing her to move onto the next round, being the only girl to compete. But then she lost, along with Carlos (from Big Time Rush) and was the first one to slide down "The Brain Drain". The episode aired on April 21, 2011.
- She loves the word "bubble". And the food
- She is studying Spanish.
- She loves Judy Garland and can impersonate her quite well.
- She has a talent for mimicking the speaking/singing voices of others, including but not limited to Britney Spears, Shakira, Katy Perry, Judy Garland, Jessie J, her best friend and co-star Liz Gillies, a laughing baby, a crying baby and a lamb "baaa-ing".
- She was in the Original Broadway cast of "13: The Musical" with Liz Gillies.
- She currently lives in L.A. Her house is over 100 years old and was previously owned by Francis Ford Coppola, the director of The Godfather. She says so in this video.
- Ariana enjoys watching the hit TV show Gossip Girl.
- Her first crush was Justin Timberlake (when she was three).
- She has a dog named Coco.
- She is a peco-vegetarian, which means she doesn't eat any meat except for fish. Also, she has never eaten catfish.
- She went to her first concert, a Katy Perry concert, in the summer of 2011.
- She says she can't stand it when you smile at a stranger and they don't smile back.
- She went to Washington, DC for the "Worldwide Day of Play 2011".
- She is hypoglycemic (her blood sugar gets low). As a result, she once ate in class and was put into detention. In the end, her mother took her out of it.
- The first time she ever ate a taco was when she was in a Victorious episode, "The Breakfast Bunch".
- Once, Jennette McCurdy accidentally made her phone number public.
- On December 10, 2011, she reached a million followers on Twitter.
- Ariana put her hands in cement at Planet Hollywood, New York, on December 22, 2011.
- The Huffington Post named Ariana Grande the third most influential actress online above Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Aniston and asked her to represent the voice of her generation by becoming their featured high-school section journalist.
- Ariana wrote a news article about bullying.
- Twitter fact: The World Bank, the world's largest development organization, follows Ariana on Twitter.
- Broadway for South Africa, the organization that Ariana supports, used her debut single, "Put Your Hearts Up".
- The Put Your Hearts Up music video was released on February 14 (Valentine's Day).
- Ariana's birthday is the same as Jennette McCurdy's, but Jennette is one year older; Jennette was born in 1992, and Ariana was born in 1993.
- Ariana has over 5 million followers on Twitter and has been named one of the Most Asked Actor Online above Charlie Sheen and Reese Witherspoon. This means, online, people ask Ariana for her favorite trends, music, products, etc. more than any other actor online. She has received over 200 world-wide trending topics for a cash value of $240,000,000 and continues to be one of the most influential people online. She is the 37th most re-tweeted person on Twitter and ranks in the 100% percentile of klout.com's influences.
- Ariana has a demo CD which she hasn't released after four years. She posted previews of some songs in her CD, called Rollercoaster, Let It Rain and Higher.
- Her favorite ice cream flavor is chocolate.
- Ariana was partly discovered by Discovering Acting.
- Ariana's bra size is 32A.
- Her favorite topping is rainbow sprinkles.
- She thinks penguins are cute.
- Her favorite subject is science.
- Her favorite candies are Smarties and Razzles.
- Her favorite fruit is strawberry (her brother, Frank, calls her the "strawberry monster").
- Her favorite types of movies are romance and comedy.
- She loves hair bows, dolphins, British accents, polka dots.
- She can rap.
- She attended North Broward Preparatory School. She once filmed her teacher shouting at her.
- On April 21, she got a little heart tattooed on her second toe, dedicated to her song "Tattooed Heart". Click here to watch her getting the tattoo!
- According to her Nick Screen Test, if she could swap lives with a celebrity for the day it would be Michael Jackson.
- She said she has a crush on Bruno Mars.
- Her favorite movie is 13 Going on 30 and Bruce Almighty.
- Her favorite restaurant is Toast.
- She made a video with Matt Bennett in which she tries some back stage acting; however, most of the video she can't stop giggling, like when she tried to look mad or "kiss" the air.
- She loves sea creatures.
- She retweeted Justin Bieber's tweet about Drake Bell.
- She likes the "Whole Foods" grocery store.
- The French name Ariana is originally derived from the Greek name Ariadne, which means the venerable and lovely.
- Ariana covered the famous song, Rolling in the Deep, on her official YouTube channel (along with several other famous songs).
- Ariana hates having her photo taken.
- Ariana says she's scared of the dark during this video .
- One of Ariana's best friends is her Victorious co-star, Liz Gillies.
- Ariana attended the Emmy's in September 2012.
- Ariana recolored her hair to make it perfect for the pilot episode.
- Ariana looks up to Bruno Mars & Adele, because she has covered their songs.
- Ariana shot her first scene for her spin off show "Sam and Cat" on September 19, 2012. The shooting went well.
- Ariana wrote an unnamed song on September 18, 2012.
- Ariana will be in an upcoming Nickelodeon movie called Swindle, along with Jennette McCurdy. She will portray a peppy cheerleader named Amanda.
- Ariana's favorite One Direction song is "One Thing".
- Ariana went to the "Madonna" concert with her mom in Vancouver on September 29, 2012.
- Ariana performed at The Big Fresno Fair on October 13, 2012.
- Ariana held a free "Meet & Greet" in The Westin Grand, Vancouver on October 28, 2012.
- Ariana performed on the Annual Tree Lighting in LA on Nov 10, 2012. She performed "All I Want for Christmas is You" on this event.
- Ariana had a live chat with Colleen Ballinger and her brother Frankie Grande around midnight on November 12/13, 2012.
- Ariana starred in the stage production A Snow White Christmas at Pasadena Playhouse in December, 2012 as Snow White 
- Ariana attended Matt Bennett's 21st birthday.
- Ariana held a "meet and greet" in Arizona, Arrowhead Towne Center Glendale on November 18, 2012.
- Ariana and Harry Styles have each other's numbers, they keep in touch. She has also mentioned him in some of her livestreams with Liz Gillies.
- Ariana had another "Dinner with Ariana" in New York on November 23, 2012.
- Ariana went with her family to the Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York 2012 where Jennette McCurdy also performed. However, they never actually got to see it and ended up watching it on TV.
- Ariana knows how to dance the "Gangnam Style" dance.
- Ariana had an Ask.FM account, but disabled it.
- Ariana had a livestream on December 18, 2012.
- Ariana and Jai Brooks kissed for the first time on January 1, 2013.
- Ariana recently made a new YouTube Channel where she posts weekly vlogs giving advice to those who ask.
- Ariana posted her first picture on Instagram on August 6, 2011.
- Ariana hit 5 million followers on February 24, 2013 and wrote an Twitlonger thanking her fans.
- Ariana has a baby godson named Oliver Elliot.
- Ariana released her new single, "The Way", on March 26, 2013. It is the second song in her album Daydreamin'. The single hit #1 on iTunes upon release and debuted in the Top 10 of Billboard's Hot 100.
- Ariana was live on Z100 in New York on March 19, 2013.
- Ariana has never been to Egypt.
- Her favorite smells are rose, cotton candy, and vanilla, and her favorite things to cook are salmon and veggies.
- Ariana is afraid of the dark.
- She can make a clover with her tongue.
- Ariana's perfect day would involve mixing her LA life with her New York life, her old pals, and music. She would start the day off on the set of Victorious with her friends, then see a Broadway show, go sing, have sushi with her family, and go home and play video games.
- On May 10, 2013 Ariana partnered with Univision to record a Spanish version of her hit song "The Way".
- According to the "GrandeFan" iPhone app her favorite snack is Poptarts and her favorite fruits are strawberries and watermelons.
- She was born Roman Catholic and she goes to church. 
- Ariana Grande on Twitter
- Ariana Grande on Facebook
- Ariana Grande on Instagram
- Ariana Grande on YouTube
- Ariana Grande on Keek
- Ariana Grande on Tumblr
- Ariana Grande Wiki
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|