"Why can't I sit with you guys?"
Season 1, Episode 27
February 22, 2014
Dan Schneider & Jake Farrow
|Next||Gallery (images · videos)|
Jennette McCurdy, Ariana Grande, Cameron Ocasio, Maree Cheatham and Zoran Korach are on a lunch break on Grimley's from filming "Sam & Cat", then the waitress takes them to their seats. But Jennette takes Zoran to another seat because he's not a main character yet like them. Then, Michael Eric Reid, Sinjin Van Cleef, from Victorious, walks to Zoran, consoles him and tells him that he feels that way too. The waiter comes and asks if they want some drinks to start off, but since they were in a hurry, they would like to order their food. But the waiter recognizes them as the cast of the show, 'Sam and Carly', Ariana corrects him 'Sam and Cat'. The waiter states that he is a big fan of the show and chats with them for a while, then Zoran, being left out, says that he plays 'Goomer' from the show. Then they all became awkwardly silence. The waiter, who reveals to be an actor too, asks them what do they do when they forget their lines or how do they remember them, or if they mess up. They tell him that it happens all the time. Jennette happens to have on her PearPad a series of clips of them messing up their lines, or in other words, Bloopers. They all watch the clips of them messing up their lines. After that, they asked if they can order now, but the waiter said he needs to call his grandmother to tell her that he met the cast. Maree states that it's hard being famous like them. Then a girl comes in and saw the cast and says the she loves their show so much.
After that, Jennette asks Cameron how much time do they have. Cameron said "25 minutes" and they needed to hurry. Then, two boys walk in and ask them if they're the cast of Sam & Cat and became excited to see them. They ask them if they ever giggle or laugh at any joke they make. Cameron who happens to have a clip of them laughing, show it to them.
Maree: So, do you kids have any questions about our show?
Cameron: Well, yeah. For example, do you want to know if we ever dance or sing between takes?
Boy: I do!
Girl: Do you guys ever dance or sing between takes?
Jennette and Ariana: (both agree)
Zoran: (laughs in agreement)
Maree: Yeah, there's a lot of dancing and singing between takes. Here, let me show you on my pea pod. (shows them a clip of the cast dancing between takes)
Boy: Wow, great stuff!
Sam: YOU DO THIS FOR REVENGE BECAUSE I THINK, THAT YOU THINK THAT I (messing her lines)
- This episode continues the tradition of Dan Schneider to create blooper/clip episodes, such as "Dr. Phyllis Show" for Drake & Josh, "PCA Confidential" for Zoey 101, "iBloop" and "iBloop 2: Electric Bloopaloo" for iCarly and "Blooptorious" for Victorious.
- Both Jennette McCurdy and Ariana Grande have already starred in a blooper episode for their previous shows.
- This is the first time Ariana's brown hair appears on Sam & Cat.
- There were three bloopers shown from Dan's other show, Drake & Josh.
- Some guests stars from previous episodes were featured, such as Nathan Kress, Elizabeth Gillies, Matt Bennett or Sophia Grace and Rosie.
- Jerry Trainor was seen in a blooper from #SecretSafe, when he visited the set.
- All actors were dressed in the same style as their characters (except Ariana Grande), possibly because they come in their lunch break between two scenes without changing clothes.
- Even though this episode needed to resemble the real world, the actors (except Ariana) still behaved like the characters they portray. They also used the in-universe PearPads and Tandy is seen to exist outside the show as well.
- Presence of PearPads is most likely because they don't want to show real electronics devices.
- Bloopers from Drake and Josh, another Dan Schneider show, were shown, perhaps because Drake and Josh never had a blooper episode.
- This is the 3rd time footage from Drake and Josh has been seen on another Nickelodeon show. The other two times was in the Victorious episode "Who Did It to Trina?" in a flashback and in the iCarly episode "iToe Fat Cakes" while Carly is watching T.V. Drake and Josh has also been seen multiple times on the T.V. Guide, including Sam and Cat.
- There is only one transition in this episode.
- This is the only episode where the time works in the same way than in real life. The lunch break is 30 minutes like the episode diffusion, and every mention of the time they have left is the time the episode has to do before it ends.
- This episode features clips from every past episode except #BlueDogSoda.
- Zoran Korach (Goomer) is not allowed to sit with the main cast because he is not a main character but Maree Cheatham isn't a main character or cast but sits with them anyway.
- Zoran being told to go back to his table.
- The main cast ignoring Zoran.
- Michael Eric Reid, who portrayed Sinjin on Victorious appeared telling Zoran Korach the actor of Goomer he knows what he's like to be left out for not being a main character.
- Jerry Trainor appears in Goomer's second clip.
- Tandy and Bungle's relationship, first mentioned in #SalmonCat, is brought up again.
- This is the first time Tandy is shown outside of Bots.