|Starring|| Miranda Cosgrove|
|Theme music composer||Michael Corcoran|
|Opening theme||"Leave it All to Me," sung by Miranda Cosgrove ft. Drake Bell|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||109|
|Executive producer(s)||Dan Schneider|
|Producer(s)|| Robin Weiner|
Bruce Rand Berman
|Location(s)|| Nickelodeon on Sunset (Season 1–4)|
KTLA Studios (Season 5)
|Camera setup||Videotape (filmized); Multi-camera|
|Running time|| 23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Schneider's Bakery|
|Picture format|| 480i(SDTV)|
|Original run||September 8, 2007 – November 23, 2012|
|Related shows|| Sam & Cat|
iCarly (stylized as iCarly) is an American sitcom created by Dan Schneider for Nickelodeon. It is the show from which Sam Puckett originated. The show first aired on September 8, 2007 a week before Drake and Josh (another show made by Dan) ended. The show is about a girl named Carly Shay who makes a webshow called iCarly along with her two best friends. The show ended on November 23, 2012 with the hour-long series finale "iGoodbye." iCarly ran for about 5 years and is the longest running sitcom on Nickelodeon. (The longest show on Nickelodeon was "All That," but that was a sketch comedy, not a sitcom.)
When Carly and her sassy best friend Sam act funny at a school talent show audition, tech-savvy Freddie tapes it and posts it online without telling them. After seeing the girls' strong chemistry and banter, the online audience clamors for more and the iCarly webcast is born. While grappling with typical issues of adolescence, Carly, Sam, and Freddie find out that they have also become online celebrities as their show – which features talent contests, recipes, problem-solving, and random dancing – garners international accolades.
Carly lives in Seattle, Washington with her 26-year-old brother and guardian Spencer and produces the show in a makeshift third-floor studio loft in their apartment. Even though their mother has never been seen or mentioned, their father, Steven Shay, is a U.S. Air Force officer who is temporarily stationed on a submarine, and is occasionally mentioned but has only been seen in person in the last episode "iGoodbye".
The show ends when Carly moves with her dad to Italy, but it is unknown if she will ever come back and continue the web show (Dan has stated that he would like to make a reunion episode).
- Carly Shay (Miranda Cosgrove) is a normally-happy girl who seems to be the only normal one on the show.
- Sam Puckett (Jennette McCurdy) is Carly's best friend and the co-host of iCarly.
- Freddie Benson (Nathan Kress) is also one of Carly's good friends and neighbors. He is the technical producer of iCarly, their web-show.
- Spencer Shay (Jerry Trainor) is Carly's eccentric older brother and legal guardian.
- Gibby Gibson (Noah Munck) is an odd friend of Carly, Sam, and Freddie.
- Marissa Benson (Mary Scheer) is Freddie's overbearing and overprotective mother (often referred to by Sam as Freddie's "freakish mother")
- Lewbert (Jeremy Rowley) is the doorman for the building in which Carly, Spencer, and Freddie live, characterized by his annoying, protective behavior and a large wart on his face. He is often being pranked by the kids on iCarly.
- Nevel Papperman (Reed Alexander) is a critic who runs the nevelocity.com website, a site that reviews other websites, including iCarly.com. He is Carly's nemesis and has constantly tried to sabotage iCarly in exchange for a kiss from Carly.
- T-Bo (BooG!e) is the manager at the Groovy Smoothie. He often annoys customers into buying random foods (i.e. bell peppers, bagels, tacos), which are always impaled on a stick. Starting in "iQ," he began renting a room from Freddie's mother.
- Guppy (Ethan Munck) is Gibby's younger brother and often tags along with Gibby and is nice to the gang.
- Chuck Chambers (Ryan Ochoa) is a child in the Shays' apartment building who constantly torments Spencer.
- Principal Franklin (Tim Russ) is the principal at Ridgeway High School, the school where Carly, Sam, and Freddie attend. He is very fair and is a big fan of iCarly.
- Ms. Francine Briggs (Mindy Sterling) is a very strict English teacher at Ridgeway who shows an obvious dislike for children.
- Mr. Howard (David St. James) is a strict and unenthusiastic teacher who hates almost everything, including his wife.
- Pam Puckett (once portrayed by Jane Lynch) is Sam's mother.
- Socko is Spencer's best friend. He is selling socks, as his name indicates it. Many of his relatives are mentioned too, also having a name referencing their occupations.
- Nora Dershlit (Danielle Morrow) is a psychotic fan of iCarly, at the point of locking the crew in her basement when they came to her birthday party.
- The main cast met Cat before in iParty with Victorious.
- Besides Sam as a lead character of Sam & Cat, some characters of this show have been in Sam & Cat.
- Gibby was the first iCarly character to meet Cat.
- Dice is a huge fan of the webshow.
- Spencer is the only main character of the show to never be mentioned in Sam & Cat.
- Cat appeared on some online stand-alone iCarly segments (that have nothing to do with any show).
- Every title begins by "i", like the webshow. It's often for "Internet" (like iPilot), but it's also often a pun with "I", which refers to someone (like "iWant More Viewers", "iGot Detention"...). There have been two others puns with it, iQ and iBalls, a pun of "eye-balls".
- As a recurring cast member until the fourth season, Noah Munck has been absent of a lot of episodes. Jennette was at the hospital during the production episode "iWon't Cancel the Show", which was written to be a plot created by Sam's absence. She and Nathan Kress were also unscripted as themselves of "iBloop". This makes Miranda Cosgrove and Jerry Trainor the only actors to have been in every episode.
- Every episode features at least one scene of webcast, with exceptions:
- "iGoodbye", the series finale, begins in the same way that every Sam & Cat episode except #Pilot does: scenes of the city where the show locates and title present in the middle of the screen.
- In 2010, Ryan Ochoa left his role of Chuck to be on the Disney XD show Pair of Kings as Lanny. Because of that, he couldn't have been on Sam & Cat. He would also have been too old to have the part again.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|