"Sam's a great role model! She's confident, loyal to her friends, smart, and true to who she is."
Jennette Michelle Faye McCurdy
Jenn (by Ariana Grande)
June 26, 1992 (age 22)
Actress, producer, screenwriter, singer, songwriter
|Role||Gallery (images · videos)|
McCurdy was born in Long Beach, California, raised in Garden Grove, California, and has three older brothers: Marcus, Scott, and Dustin. She gained interest in acting after watching Harrison Ford in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope right after her mother recovered from breast cancer.
McCurdy started her acting career in 2000 at the age of eight on MADtv. Since then she appeared in several television series, including CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Malcolm in the Middle, Lincoln Heights, Will & Grace, Penguins of Madagascar, Zoey 101, True Jackson, VP, Law and Order SVU, Medium, Judging Amy, The Inside, Karen Sisco, Over There and Close to Home. In 2003, she had the chance to act with her inspiration, Harrison Ford in the movie Hollywood Homicide. In 2005, she was nominated for a Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Television Series – Guest Starring Young Actress for her performance in Strong Medicine as Hailey Campos. She has also appeared in several commercials such as one for Sprint and another commercial for crossing the road safely.
She had a starring role in the Nickelodeon TV series, iCarly opposite Miranda Cosgrove, Nathan Kress, Jerry Trainor, and Noah Munck, as one of Carly Shay's best friends, Sam Puckett from 2007 to 2012. In 2008, she was nominated for a Young Artist Award for her work on iCarly, and for her performance as Dory Sorenson in the TV movie The Last Day of Summer. She was nominated for a 2009 Teen Choice Award, in the Favorite TV Sidekick category for her work on iCarly. She also was cast to the role of Bertha in Fred: The Movie, a movie based on a YouTube series about Fred Figglehorn.
On December 1, 2011, she signed into United Talent Agency's cast of actors and performers for film, TV, music and other areas, to a deal starring her in a pilot vehicle. She was previously with Creative Artists Agency and Larry Galper.
In June 2008, McCurdy announced on her official web site that she was working on her debut album. The first single, "So Close" was released on March 10, 2009. The second single, "Homeless Heart," was released on May 19. The song was released in honor of McCurdy's recently deceased friend Cody Waters, who died at the age of 9 from brain cancer, and 20% of the proceeds were donated to the Cody Waters Foundation. She met Cody Waters through St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. In mid-2009, McCurdy signed with country music label Capitol Records Nashville.
On April 16, 2010, samples of select songs from McCurdy's upcoming debut country album were released online. The song clips were released in order for fans to vote for which one they believed should be McCurdy's first single. "Not That Far Away" received the most votes, and was released to country radio on May 24, 2010 and iTunes shortly after on June 1.
Capitol Nashville released an EP on August 17, 2010 which included "Not That Far Away" and four new songs, "Stronger," "Put Your Arms Around Someone," and "Break Your Heart." The iTunes version included "Me with You" as a bonus track.
McCurdy's second single, "Generation Love", was released as a digital download on March 22, 2011, followed by its release to radio on April 25, 2011. Capitol Nashville released McCurdy's self-named extended play on February 8, 2012 at clothing retailer Justice. The album was released to iTunes June 1.
On July 11, 2012, Fanlala released an interview with Jennette in which Jennette confirmed that she has since left Capitol Records Nashville, saying "I’m kind of between projects right now. I actually just left Capital Records recently. I’m really just deciding what else I want to do next. Right now I’m working on my new show, and I’m just figuring out where I should take my music from here."
Screenwriting and Producing
On August 13, 2014 she launched her own online show "What's Next for Sarah?". McCurdy serves as the star of the series as well as the writer of the show along with duties as executive producer and editor. McCurdy says that the show is based loosely on her life and that the character she plays, Sarah Bronson is based on her.
McCurdy composed an article titled, "Off-Camera, My Mom's Fight With Cancer," that was published in the Wall Street Journal on June 11, 2011. It described in detail her mother Debra's battle with cancer and how her family coped with the situation. The article also features tips from McCurdy on living with such a situation.
In addition to supporting the Cody Waters Foundation, McCurdy was active in campaigns such as stopping child soldiers (she has been involved with the Invisible Children Inc. group) and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. McCurdy did a PSA for Safe Kids USA which aired on Nickelodeon and TeenNick.
McCurdy currently serves as a StarPower Ambassador for Starlight Children's Foundation, encouraging other young people to commit their time, energy and resources to help other kids and working with Starlight to brighten the lives of seriously ill children.
McCurdy's mother passed away from breast cancer in September 2013 shortly after Sam & Cat resumed filming.
|2002||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Jackie Trent||Episode: "Cats in the Cradle"|
|2003||Malcom in the Middle||Daisy (female Dewey)||Episodes: "If Boys Were Girls"|
|2004||Karen Sisco||Josie Boyle||Episode: "No One's Girl"|
|2004||Strong Medicine||Hailey Campos||Episode: "Selective Breeding"|
|2005||Law and Order: Special Victims Unit||Holly Purcell||Episode: "Contagious"|
|2005||Medium (TV Series)||Sara Crewson||Episode: "Coded"|
|2005||Judging Amy||Amber Reid||Episode: "My Name is Amy Grey"|
|2005||Malcom in the Middle||Penelope||Episode: "Buseys Take a hostage"|
|2005||The Inside||Madison St. Clair||Episode: "Everything Nice"|
|2005||Over There||Lynne||Episode: "Situation Normal"|
|2005||Zoey 101||Trisha Kirby||Episode: "Bad Girl"|
|2006||Will and Grace||Lisa||Episode: "Von Trapped"|
|2006||Close to Home (2005 TV Series)||Stacy Johnson||Episode: "Escape"|
|2007||Lincoln Heights (TV Series)||Beckie|| Episode: "Betrayal"|
Episode: "Tricks and Treats"
Episode: "House Arrest"
|2007 - 2012||iCarly||Sam Puckett||Main role|
|2008||True Jackson, VP||Pinky Turzo|| Recurring role (2008-2010)|
Episode: "Amanda Hires a Pinky"
Episode: "True Drama"
|2010||The Penguins of Madagascar||Becky|| Voice only|
Episode: "Badger Pride"
|2010||Glenn Martin, D.D.S.||Mazy||Episode: "Courtney's Pony"|
|2011||Cupcake Wars||Herself||Guest judge|
|2012||Victorious||Fawn "Ponnie" Leibowitz||Episode: "Crazy Ponnie"|
|2012||Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventurers||Devon||Episode: "Epic Break-Up"|
|2012||Figure It Out||Herself||Panelist (4 episodes)|
|2012||Camp Orange: Girls VS Boys||Herself||Co-host|
|2013–2014||Sam & Cat||Sam Puckett||Main role|
|2014–present||What's Next for Sarah?||Sarah Bronson ||Lead role / Writer / Executive Producer|
|2001||Shadow Fury||Anna Markov|
|2002||My Daughter's Tears||Mary Fields|
|2003||Hollywood Homicide||Van Family Daughter|
|2003||Taylor Simmons||Amanda Simmons|
|2004||Breaking Dawn||The Little Girl|
|2004||Tiger Cruise||Kiley Dolan||TV Movie|
|2005||See Anthony Run||Lucy||Short Film|
|2006||Against Type||Meredith||TV Movie|
|2007||The Last Day Of Summer (Film)||Dory Sorenson||TV Movie (Credited as Jannette McCurdy)|
|2008||Proving Ground: From the Adventures of Captain Redlocks||Aria Krait|
|2008||iGo to Japan||Sam Puckett||TV movie|
|2010||Fred: The Movie||Bertha||TV Movie|
|2011||Best Player||Chris "Prodigy" Saunders||TV movie|
|2013||Swindle||Savannah||Main role: Nickelodeon Original Movie|
|2013||The Gorey Girls||Billie Crow|
- Studio albums
- Extended plays
|Title||Details|| Peak chart|
| US Country|
|Not That Far Away||
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|2009||"So Close"||—||Non-album song|
|2010||"Not That Far Away"||58||Not That Far Away (EP)|
|2011||"Generation Love"||44||Jennette McCurdy|
- Music videos
|2010||"Not That Far Away"||Roman White|
- On January 31, 2008, Jennette visited a junior high school in LA where she spoke to three different classes. Since it was Career Day, she talked about what being an actress is like.
- In May 2008, Jennette participated in the Revlon Run/Walk for Women in LA with her whole family.
- Jennette's celebrity crushes include Johnny Depp and Andrew Garfield.
- In February 2008, Jennette visited a school in LA, where she read a few chapters of The Spiderwick Chronicles: The Field Guide to a group of second graders.
- Jennette has appeared in commercials for Simon Malls, Spring PCS, Domino's Pizza, Dinkie Robots, Dental Land, Dental World, and City Corp.
- She enjoys:
- Figure skating
- Playing the piano
- Making tie-dye blankets
- Cooking (especially Italian food, candy, and baked sweets)
- Playing baseball
- Playing basketball
- Reading and writing poetry
- Watching movies and TV
- Eating sushi
- Watching Honey Boo Boo
- Playing games such as Monopoly, Clue, Moods and Life
- Jennette was inspired to become an actress after watching Harrison Ford in Star Wars.
- She has recently admitted to leaving Capitol Records Nashville and is still unsure about what to do with her music career.
- Jennette prefers Harry Potter over Twilight.
- Her worst fears are the ocean and sharks.
- Her hidden talent is figure skating.
- Jennette's favorite foods include apples, sushi, pizza, and grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Jennette has three older brothers, Marcus, Dustin and Scott.
- Jennette was in a Nickelodeon movie, called Swindle, along with Ariana Grande.
- Jennette has over 4.6 million followers on Twitter.
- Jennette performed at the Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York 2012.
- Jennette wrote an original song and posted it on her SoundCloud.
- Jennette had a wardroom fitting for Sam & Cat on January 23, 2013.
- Jennette got her role as Sam Puckett oniCarly on December 10.
- Jennette took on a dare to fit as many pieces of gum in her mouth, she was only able to fit 10 pieces of gum.
- Jennette has attended five Kids Choice Awards so far.
- Her favorite colors are pink and purple.
- English was her favorite subject at school.
- Jennette is Dutch, French, Irish, Italian, Puerto Rican and Swedish.
- Most of her family calls her "Nettie" or "Net-Net," but her grandfather calls her "Scooter" because she would scoot around on her butt as a baby rather than crawl.
- On set, the crew members also call her "Nettie."
- Jennette is a prankster; she once convinced people on the iCarly set that her real name was Jennetteria.
- Jennette says says her mother is the funniest person she knows.
- Jennette loves really spicy food and once ate a raw jalapeño pepper on a dare.
- Jennette has numerous pets. She has three dogs: Snoopy, Chewie/Chewbacca (Yorkshire terrier and Maltese mix), and Musashi (Jack Russell terrier), two turtles named Tootsen and Zeus and two birds; Tweety and McFly.
- The name "Jennette" originated from her grandmother's middle name.
- Jennette recently began watching the show Friends after music video director, Roman White, gave her some DVDs, and she is now obsessed.
- Jennette normally hates reality TV shows, but she has a few exceptions, such as Dance Moms, Toddlers and Tiaras, and Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo.
- Jennette comes up with various names for other celebrities she meets, such as "Cosmos" for Miranda Cosgrove, "Kressington" for Nathan Kress, and "Oreo" for Ariana Grande.
- One of Jennette's favorite movies is Back to the Future, and she has watched it about 100 times.
- The farthest place from Los Angeles she has ever traveled to is Australia.
- She has a favorite teddy bear.
- Her favorite flavor of gum is spearmint.
- Even though her character Sam Puckett loves fried chicken, Jennette herself does not.
- Miu Miu and Jimmy Choo are her favorite high heels.
- Her favorite roller coaster is X2 at Six Flags.
- Jennette's pet peeves include when people don't screw the caps on their water bottles and the baby blue color of toilet water.
- Jennette wanted to be a babysitter when she was younger.
- Her favorite place to vacation is New York or some place tropical.
- Jennette's besties are Miranda Cosgrove and Allison Hardy.
- Jennette's favorite dessert is ice cream, and her favorite flavor is cookies and cream, but she prefers vanilla to chocolate.
- She prefers acting over singing.
- Her favorite Ariana Grande songs are "Honeymoon Avenue" and "Daydreamin'".
- She describes her fans as original, supportive and fabulous.
- She prefers to have her hair straight rather than curly.
- She prefers pancakes over waffles.
- Jennette and Ariana share the same birthday but Jennette is a year older.
- She is the only main cast member to play more than one character.
- She used to date Andre Drummond.
- She met the vloggers, Shaytards on May 26, 2014.
- Jennette's official website
- Jennette McCurdy on Twitter
- Jennette McCurdy on Facebook
- Jennette McCurdy on YouTube
- Jennette McCurdy on Instagram
- Jennette McCurdy on Soundcloud
- Jennette's Tumblr - jumpingigawatts
- Jennette's Tumblr - poshmob
- Jennette McCurdy Wiki
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|