Season 1, Episode 9
August 10, 2013
Dan Schneider and Christopher J. Nowak
|Next||Gallery (images · videos)|
Goomer's mom comes to visit him and is unaware of his true profession, so Dice enlists the help of Sam and Cat to convince Goomer's mother that Goomer is a high school history teacher. Sam and Cat come up with a plan to pretend to be Goomer's students at Bots where Goomer and his mother are dining. Before Goomer's mom comes, Goomer reveals to Sam and Cat his real name when they ask what do they call his mother. While they are eating, Mrs. Merr reveals that Goomer was adopted and says how he was adopted. Then, Mrs. Merr wants Sam and Cat to record or take a picture of the class that Goomer teaches, but Cat accidentally says that Goomer's mom can watch the class herself while she's in town. Goomer is now even more upset and worried that his mom will find out he's not a real high school teacher and make him move back to Louisiana.
Confused about how to keep up the stint, Sam, Cat, Dice, and Goomer are back at the apartment where Cat comes up with the plan to convince her Hollywood Arts teacher, Sikowitz to let Goomer pretend to teach in his class during lunch. Then, Goomer and Sam come in the classroom and says Cat is making Dice look like a high school student, but when they arrive, Dice looks like a hippie. Then, later, when class starts, Mrs. Merr arrives, but Goomer's plan eventually self-destructs and he ends up admitting he isn't a teacher, but a Mixed Martial Arts fighter. His mom is upset and they get into an argument while walking in the alley way to Goomer's apartment. She threatens to take him back home. In the alley way, a group of thugs corner Sam, Cat, Dice, Goomer, and Mrs. Merr. The thugs then demand Mrs. Merr to give them her purse. Goomer shows off his Martial Arts skills and he manages to beat up the thugs just as the cops arrive. Goomer and his mother hug, making up. She leaves with a single male police officer and tells Goomer "whatever" when he asks if he can continue to stay in town and do MMA.
Sam: That's all right. We got this for ya.
Cat: Yep, just trust Valentine and Puckell.
Sam: It's Puckett.
Cat: You told me it was Puckell!
Sam: I said Puckett. I always say Puckett.
Goomer: I thought it was Pickle.
Sam: Who would name me Sam Pickle?
Cat: Mr. and Mrs. Pickle.
Sam: Bye! [walks away]
Sam: What do we call your mom?
Cat: Oh yeah, what's her last name?
Goomer: Same as mine, Merr. So just call her Mrs. Merr.
Sam: Wait, your last name is Merr?
Goomer: Yeah, my daddy was French so my first name is Geau and my last name is Merr. See, Geau Merr.
Cat: Merr. Like what those three wise guys brought baby Jesus.
Sikowitz: Cat, you're very late, class is almost over.
Sam: This is more important than class!
Sikowitz: More important than teaching young people backwards acting?
Sam: Oh no Cat, we gotta grab our heads and scream.
Sam & Cat: [screaming]
Dice: Okay, you guys wanna make jokes and not help me? I'll just leave then. [leaves]
Dice: [comes back in] All right, I'm back please help me.
Sam: Aww, come here you little weiner bun.
Cat: Why is it such a big deal that Goomer's mom is coming?
Dice: 'cause his mom hates fighting, and Goomer's never told her that he's a professional MMA fighter.
Sam: So? Why does he care what his mommy thinks?
Dice: You don't understand, Goomer's not gonna stand up to his mother. And if she finds out he's a fighter, she'll probably make him move back home to Louisiana.
Cat: I went to camp with a girl named Louise. She pooped in the lake. She tried to blame it on a fish. But I knew.
Sam: Oh kid, why are you getting so upset?
Dice: Because I'm Goomer's manager, and if he moves away, well, you know, I could lose a lot of money.
Sam: Hmmm, you sure it's just about the money?
Cat: Maybe you're scared of Goomer moving away because he's your best friend?
Dice: I don't, I just, she pooped in a lake?
Goomer: I bet I was a cute baby.
Mrs. Merr: I wish.
Sikowitz: What does this charity do?
Sam: It helps teachers grow hair.
Sikowitz: My classroom is yours.
Dice: What are we gonna do?
Cat: I have an idea!
Dice: Oh, let me guess, DOES IT INVOLVE MERMAIDS?!
Sam: And a magical boat?
Cat: Fine, just forget it.
Sam: We need to use this classroom.
Sikowitz: You strike me as pushy.
Cat: She can be pushy.
Sam: I can also be punchy and kicky.
Goomer: [looks at cards] There...there's nothing...they're all blank!
Sam: coughcoughTurn 'em over!
Dice: Like, turn 'em over, man!
Goomer: Ohhhhhh. Uh...let me see here...uh...first...oh no! These are written in a foreign language!
Cat: Ahem! They're upside down!
Goomer: I can't read a word!
Dice: They're upside down, man!
Goomer: Whatja say?
Sam: What crawdad factory would hire you?
Aunt Fergene: Turn the corn!
Aunt Fergene: Mhm, mhm, mhm. Now I have to pee!
Dice: I'm not helping!
- This episode was in production from April 27 to May 3, 2013.
- Dan booked a character from Victorious for this episode.
- According to Cameron and Jennette, this episode is hilarious and one of the best of the first season.
- While trying to burst through a door in a scene for this episode, Cameron accidentally hit his head really hard on the door.
- In a promo, it is shown that Hollywood Arts will be in the episode.
- None of the faces of characters from Victorious except Cat are shown in Sikowitz's classroom in the promo, but the characters are shown from the back because Sikowitz was teaching them about backwards acting. This was likely done to avoid showing the faces of the actors, who were not the same actors.
- This episode marks Goomer's third appearance and is the second episode to focus on him.
- This episode marks the first appearance of the Victorious characters Robbie Shapiro , Jade West , Tori Vega, Andre Harris, and Beck Oliver.
- A Lost poster of Sinjin can be seen on the classroom door.
- As of this episode, Jennette McCurdy and Eric Lange have met each other three times on different shows. The first time was in iCarly and Victorious special, iParty with Victorious where Eric plays Sikowitz and Jennette plays Sam. The second time was in Victorious episode Crazy Ponnie, where Eric plays Sikowitz and Jennette plays a deranged girl named Fawn Liebowitz.
- This episode guest stars Eric Lange as the recurring character Sikowitz from Victorious.
- Indira Wilson guest stars as Goomer's mother in this episode.
- This episode is the episode that Dan had shown a sneak peek of on his YouTube account then quickly deleted. With the former Victorious characters lookalikes' noses pressed against the white board. No actual former 'main cast' members appeared (Sikowitz excluded).
- This episode will mark the first appearance of Goomer's mother and the first reappearance of Sikowitz.
- This is the second episode where the opening is shortened.
- Rex's voice can be heard saying "Bye" when the students leave class.
- This is the second episode title featuring Goomer's name (the first being #GoomerSitting).
- The first cut scene features a picture of Dice's aunt Fergene.
- This is the first time Sam and Dice meet Sikowitz.
- Charityocity might be a reference to Travelocity, a traveling agency.
- Dice is revealed to be 12 and a half years old.
- Goomer is from Louisiana.
- Goomer's real name is Geau Merr.
- Goomer is an adopted child.
- Bungle (the robot) in the back is not keyed in one scene.
- This goof got fixed in some dubs.
- Closed captions spells "Geau" as "Gieux" and "Puckell" as "Puckle."
- When Ms. Merr asked what Sam and Cat was studying, the robot in the background wasn't keyed.
- Cat calls Sam "Sam Puckell" again.
- Cat once again fails with redressing Dice like in #ToddlerClimbing.
- Goomer keep metioning that his mother would make him move back to Louisiana to work at the Crawdad Factory.
- While counting, Cat forgets to say the number 3 just like she did in "The Worst Couple" in Victorious.
- Cat refers to her brother again, like she did in Victorious.
- Cat refers to all the unnamed classmates shruggers from Victorious.
- Cat's friends Robbie, Jade, Tori, André and Beck's backs were shown in class room.
- Cat is shown to still attend Hollywood Arts.
- During the cut scene you could see Rex in a picture with Cat.
- Sinjin Van Cleef was seen in a missing picture near the back of Sikowitz's classroom.
- Sam asks Dice why Goomer cares what his mommy thinks. This is a reference to Sam asking Fleck and Dave who cares what Dave's dad thinks in iQuit iCarly in iCarly.
- Just before the opening sequence, Sam and Cat says "I'll turn on the TV. I'll make a pizza." This is probably a reference to Carly and Sam saying "I'll call the fire department. I'll disable the smoke alarm." in iPear Store in iCarly.
- November 15, 2013 (Italy)
- November 30, 2013 (Portugal)
- November 30, 2013 (Germany, Netherlands, Poland)
- December 10, 2013 (Australia & New Zealand)
- December 30, 2013 (Spain)
- January 18, 2014 (Latin America)
- February 19, 2014 (France)
- April 27, 2014 (Hungary)
The episode premiered to 2.477 million viewers.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Futon Critic - Saturday's Cable Ratings
- ↑ The Futon Critic Episode Listings
- ↑ Shows A-Z - Sam & Cat on Nickelodeon
- ↑ Zap2It TV Listing
- ↑ HAPPENING NOW on the set of @SAMandCAT
- ↑ Dan's tweet about having a iCarly or Victorious character guest star
- ↑ Jennette's tweet about this episode being her favorite so far
- ↑ Cameron's tweet about this episode being hilarious
- ↑ Cameron's tweet about hitting his head hard on the door
- ↑ Sam & Cat Momma Goomer Sneak Peek