"Are you a cop?"
Sam (by everyone)
April 17, 1994 (age 20)
Seattle, Washington (formerly)
iCarly (former web show)
Pam Puckett (mother)
|Portrayed by||Gallery (images)|
Sam is portrayed by Jennette McCurdy.
Sam was a web star from iCarly, residing in Seattle and retired when her friend/co-host Carly left to go live in Italy. Afterwards, she decided to travel the country on her motorcycle until settling in Los Angeles and rescuing Cat from being demolished in a trashcan with garbage.
Sam is more mature in Sam & Cat than she was in iCarly. This could be because of her age now or because she has figured out she has to take care of herself, now that Carly lives in Italy. It is also possible that Cat's childish behavior is responsible for this.
Sam is not afraid of anything and is a certified master at fighting her way out of just about any situation. She has a great street sense and is also considered a tomboy. Sam is shown to be a good liar, and a very tough person like she was in iCarly in #GoomerSitting when she beat the stuffing out of John Zakappa.
- Main article: Cat and Sam
After finding her way to Los Angeles after driving on her motorcycle from Seattle, Sam meets Cat and becomes her best pal and protector. Her street sense keeps Cat out of trouble, while Cat's motherly nature keeps Sam leveled and grounded. They start a babysitting business, sparking their new lives together as teen entrepreneurs. They can fight at times, but they eventually make up afterward.
(2013-present: Good friends)
- Main article: Dice and Sam
Sam and Dice made their first interaction in the first episode, Dice knew Sam from iCarly and paid money for a piece of her hair to sell. They are good friends and do help each other out.
- Main article: Nona and Sam
Sam and Nona first interacted after Nona's granddaughter Cat took Sam back to her apartment. Nona was okay with having Sam staying overnight (without knowing she had a criminal record). After she moved out, Sam and Cat frequently visited her at Elderly Acres. Sam is shown to not really like her due to her annoying habit of telling boring stories.
- Main article: Goomer and Sam
Sam and Goomer first met after Dice brought Goomer to Apartment 22. Sam tolerates Goomer, even though he is very dim-witted.
(2007-present: Enemies; Frenemies; Best Friends; Ex-boyfriend)
On iCarly, Sam's relationship with Freddie started out as enemies into frenemies and finally best friends and have dated before. They often bring up that they have dated before though both of them do have their own reservations about it. In the final episode of iCarly, iGoodbye, Freddie asks Sam over the phone if she wants to get back together, and Sam replies with, "What?! Wait...do you?" Her answer is never fully established, as Freddie quickly changes the subject and they do not speak of it again.
After Sam moves to L.A. they do still keep in contact with one another and Sam mentions him in #ToddlerClimbing asking him who is giving her and Cat's business low ratings. When Freddie goes to L.A. in #TheKillerTunaJump, Sam got upset when Freddie didn't contact her and is hanging out with Cat. Throughout the episode, they often drop hints that they still have feelings for one another as Freddie immediately rushed to L.A. after Cat told him Sam was injured and Sam rushed in to help Freddie out of the killer tuna tank. While Freddie is still the punching bag to Sam's gags, it's shown that they do still consider each other very close friends with a possibility of getting back together.
When Sam meets Jade, after Cat tried to prevent them from meeting due to their similar personalities thus clashing with one another, they hit it off almost immediately. They do start hanging out more often because of this and they appreciate each other's interests, especially when it involves the discomfort and torture of others.
Sam: What's that red-head chick doing in a trash can ...and why is there a battery in my burrito?
Sam: 'Cause the show's canceled! I want Cat to have a piece of it, you know, to keep forever.
Sam: You could do our laundry.
Sam: Suck a truck.
Sam: Sorry, no heart in here. Just a dark, empty space.
Sam: Hey, how come you get this whole big bedroom, anyway?
Sam: We got three days off of babysitting so me and Cat are relaxing and that's it.
Sam: We have 14 negative reviews!
Sam: I said Puckett. I always say Puckett.
Sam: Hey Joker, you just missed Batman.
Sam: It was in a can this big!
Sam: No. I'm not making a knock-knock joke who?
Sam: Don't say you have to pee.
Sam: We don't have enough cheese on our nachos.
Sam: Hiiiiiii. I'm Cat Valentine. Simple things confuse me.
Sam: Bring me a pound of butter, and one sock.
Sam: Is this about my mom? Is she in jail? Did she go to church naked again?
Sam: No! You're gonna be evil, insane, wild, and dangerous.
Sam: Yeah, and you'd understand this! Si no encontramos nuestra piña llena de dinero tendré que agarrar unas tijeras y cortarse los dedos de los pies (If we don't find our pineapple full of money, I will grab scissors and cut off your toes)!
Sam: Hey, hey. You kids. You guys know how to make meatballs?
Sam: So where is this ATM?
Sam: It's Puckett.
Sam: So? Freddie's in love with me!
Sam: Yeah. The last time I got Cat a present she snooped my closet and opened the present before I could give it to her.
Sam: 'Cause both my hands are bandaged.
Sam: Wh-all the Blue Dog? No. Dude, uh, maybe we wanna buy some Blue Dog, too.
Sam: Ah, so I guess you want money now.
Sam: Ha! I love it! Can we get my mom in there?
Sam: Yeah, I remember Nora, why?
Sam: Yeah, Zapathon started using drones to deliver stuff.
Sam: Yeah, baby! See you later, Ravioli Lady!
Sam: That's Rita Rooney!
- Sam in Sam & Cat is Jennette McCurdy's first lead role in a television series.
- Sam hates babies and children on iCarly, but she and Cat started a babysitting business in Sam & Cat. In the iCarly episode iSell Penny Tees, Sam is shown not to like children, so Sam treating the kids in her and Cat's babysitting business well is a change from iCarly. According to Jennette McCurdy, Cat's infectious behavior rubs off on Sam, so Sam is more respectful to children on Sam & Cat.
- In the iCarly finale "iGoodbye", Carly and Sam told the iCarly web show viewers that they are simply "taking a break," and it is "not the end," so some people speculated that Sam & Cat may take place during this "break," which is true.
- As seen in #Pilot, she has skills in tattooing.
- According to Dan and the episode #FavoriteShow, Sam is educated online.
- Sam loves prank calls as shown in #NewGoat.
- Sam sometimes wears odd socks as seen in a few episodes, but not as odd as Spencer wore in iCarly.
- That's a Drag! was her favorite TV show until its cancellation in #FavoriteShow.
- Her last name has been mistaken as "Puckell" by Cat in three episodes and "Pickle" by Goomer in #MommaGoomer.
- Her twin sister, Melanie, appeared on Sam & Cat in the episode, #Twinfection.
- She is really strong because she was able to defeat professional fighters and yank a parking meter out of the ground.
- The zip code where she lives is 90291.
- Since she was 5 years old, every Halloween she fills a pumpkin with chili and eats it.
- Sam knows many pressure points.
- She bought 10 pounds of crab legs with Nona's credit card.
- She can speak 4 languages: English, Italian, Spanish, and Japanese.
- Sam can be convinced to do something by fried chicken as seen in #MagicATM.
- It was revealed in #MyPoober that Sam's uncle was a robber.
- It was revealed in #MagicATM that her favorite store was "Oh My God Meats".
- Sam's motorcycle is often referred as a 1964 Sterling. In real life, it's a modified 2010 Triumph Bonneville T100 motorcycle.
- In #TheKillerTunaJump it was revealed that she has a lot of restaurants in her contact list.
- Sam seems to like the Lakers because Cat says that money could make them to go see them.
- Sam is 16 years old. It is said in the original script of #NewGoat and in #MyPoober, when Ellie shows her profile.