"What's behind that door?"
Season 1, Episode 8
August 3, 2013
Dan Schneider & Jake Farrow
|Next||Gallery (images · videos)|
The mother of the kid that Sam and Cat are supposed to babysit reschedules when the mother finds negative reviews of their babysitting service on snortch.com. Sam and Cat find the website and find out that their babysitting service has 14 negative reviews. They read two of them and then try to figure out who wrote them.
At Bots, Cat, Dice, and Nona are there and order when Sam runs in and says those reviews were written by the same person because she called Freddie in Seattle and he found the IP address of which the negative reviews originated. Sam and Cat go there and they find 3 boys. Sam and Cat talk to them about the negative reviews and they try to make the two girls leave when they discover a locked door, but Sam pulls out her butter sock and threatens to hurt them. Cat mentions they can't fight in front of a baby that the three boys are babysitting because that would be against the babysitter code. Sam and Cat then almost leave, but Sam uses her butter sock to break their table.
Sam and Cat then come up with a plan to make Dice look like a little kid and put a camera in his hat and a microphone on his ear to see what's going on inside the three boys' house. Nona takes Dice to their house and pretends to be his grandmother. Dice sits with a baby for a while and then finally, someone arrives and they go into the locked door. Dice tries to go in, but the three boys say he can't go in, so Sam says to Dice to throw a tantrum and don't stop until he gets what he wants. Dice then almost blows his cover, but they still let him in. It turns out the locked door leads to the basement and the three boys have an illegal toddler climbing game. Cat records it and her and Sam go into their house. Sam picks the lock and they threaten to show the video they recorded to the cops if they don't stop and to give Sam and Cat the three boys snortch password so they can delete all their negative comments. They then get the boys and everyone else in the room to repeat a poem Cat wrote. They then all go upstairs except for Sam and Cat, who want to get the toddlers off the climbing wall, but then they decide to cheer them on.
Sam: We have 14 negative reviews!
Sam: Negative is bad.
Mrs. Dooley: [referring to her son] I have to take him to... the dentist!
Kip: You said you were taking me to another babysitter.
Mrs. Dooley: [covers Kip's mouth] Shush!
Cat: Maybe you eat too much fried chicken.
Sam: What'd you say?
Cat: Nothing. Just wouldn't kill you to have a salad every once in a while.
Tandy: Eventually all humans will die and robots will rule the Earth! Enjoy your meal!
Dice: Who's Billy?
Sam: You're Billy.
Dice: I'm Billy.
Cat: And you understand.
Dice: And you understand.
Sam: I understand.
Dice: Sam understands.
Sam: Say I'm Billy and I understand.
Dice: I'm Billy and I understand.
Sam: Oh, so you don't mind if we show this video to the cops? (plays video on PearPad)
PearPad: (shows video of Nona) "Hey there, big themometer. Mometer, Mometer. Hey there, big themometer..."
Cat: The wrong video.
Sam: Hang on...
Cat: What's behind that door?
Rival babysitters: Nothin'.
Sam: Then open it.
Rival babysitters: No.
Cat: Why not?
Rival babysitter: 'Cause it's locked.
Sam: Why is it locked?
Rival babysitter: 'Cause we don't want you in there.
Sam: You said there's nothing in there.
Rival babysitter: There ain't.
Cat: Then open the door.
Rival babysitter: No.
Cat: Why not?
Rival babysitter: 'Cause it's locked.
Sam: Why's it locked?
Rival babysitter: Just get outta here!
Rival babysitter: Yeah!
Cat: Murf, they don't allow goats on rollercoasters! [to Sam] He's so stupid.
Sam: Have we ordered? We should order some lunch.
Nona: They won't bring us a menu.
Dice: Use the PearPad.
Nona: I am not ordering my lunch from a pea pod.
Nona: Oh! Pee, poo, smack...it's like Lenny Bruce all over again.
Cat: Nona! Nobody gets your references!
Cat: Well, we have to find out where this babysitter guy lives.
Sam: You mean, 5677 Barfield Drive?
Cat: No, we need his address.
Cat: How do you pick locks like that?
Sam: I just jam this thing in and jiggle around.
Cat: Ooh, the ol' jam and jiggle.
Sam: No one calls it that.
Rival babysitter: How did they get in?
Sam: I just use the ol' jam and jiggle.
Cat: [gasps] You said no one says that!
Sam: Well, now I like it.
- According to Maree Cheatham, the script for this episode is hilarious.
- According to the picture, Nickelodeon Australia's Luke and Wyatt was on set during this episode.
- Russ Reinsel directs this episode.
- You can see a clip of this episode here.
- Cat does the same goat impression like she did in her TheSlap video.
- This is the first episode that Cat and Sam don't babysit anyone.
- Like websites mentioned in the past on iCarly and Victorious, Snortch.com leads to SamandCat.com.
- This is the first episode that Nona has been seen outside of Elderly Acres since #FavoriteShow.
- The song Nona made about the big thermometer is the same tune as London Bridge.
- In the UK this episode airs with #RevengeOfTheBritBrats, missing out two episodes (#MommaGoomer and #BabysittingCommercial).
- In the Dutch version, the title is changed to "ChildrenClimbing".
- During the Toddler Climbing match you can see a huge gap between the floor and the first set of rocks, the gap is so large a toddler couldn't be strong enough to pass it.
- When Cat said that she couldn't fight in front of a baby, Sam could have just turned the child around with the baby's eyes facing the wall.
- When Sam and Cat first start the camera to find Nona singing, she is the middle of the world "thermometer". However, when Sam messes up the video, Nona just begins her song. Also, they didn't begin recording when Nona sang her song and only started recording when they see the toddlers climbing.
- When Dice is sitting with the toddler in the babysitter's appartment, the toys that they are playing with keep moving and opening at different camera angles.
- Nona constantly makes references to things in her time that no one gets or cares about.
- Nona wanting to sing the big thermometer song to others.
- Freddie Benson, a main character from iCarly, was referred to by Sam as "My boy Freddie B. in Seattle," as he found the IP address of which the negative reviews originated. This is the first known time Sam has ever made contact with Freddie since leaving iCarly.
- Sam's butter sock from iCarly returned.
- Cat calls her doll Northridge Nancy. Northridge is mentioned frequently in Victorious.
- Murf from #NewGoat appears again.
- Sam's craving of fried chicken from iCarly is mentioned.
- Sam put Cat's bra in the freezer. It is mentioned in iMake Sam Girlier than she did this to her friend Wendy.
- October 23, 2013 (Australia & New Zealand)
- November 12, 2013 (Italy)
- November 13, 2013 (Portugal)
- November 23, 2013 (Germany, Poland, Netherlands)
- December 7, 2013 (Latin America)
- December 18, 2013 (France)
- December 23, 2013 (Spain)
- March 30, 2014 (Hungary)